Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April: A Month Of Planning And Plotting

Of Lies and Zombies turned one-year-old this month! For what feels like forever, I worked hard on writing, editing, and publishing All The What Ifs and Of Lies and Zombies. It sucked up all my writing time and plotting energy. And if I'm honest, completely sapped me.

Yet during that time I had plenty of new story ideas. With my first two books shipped off into the great big world of publishing, it’s time to get back into the swing of exploring new ideas and finishing up current works in progress.

What are these stories? I’m glad you asked!

Magic Story of Magic (a working title): Magic Story of Magic is an adult fiction romance/coming of age story about a young woman named Lily Banks. Magic Story of Magic is a blast to write. It’s rooted in the real world, but filled with impossible magic tricks. It has lame jokes and kissing and to repeat MAGIC TRICKS (a thing I’m having far too much fun writing). The first draft of Magic Story is SO CLOSE to being done. I'll have updates on the cover, book blurb, and more soon!

Something Dumb To Do (the third book of the Richmond High series): The third book in the Richmond High series Something Dumb To Do is Quinn’s story. Told is a present and past switch off, Something Dumb To Do is the story of a girl trying to avoid her parents’ mistakes, while she denies the pesky truth that sometimes the past isn’t what we perceived. The first draft of Something Dumb To Do is roughly halfway complete and will include characters from All The What Ifs and Of Lies and Zombies! But I ain’t sharing who. Something Dumb To Do’s cover is already in the works. It’s so stinking cute, and I can’t wait to share it.

Book Four of the Richmond High series: This book has me in knots already, and I can’t say much about it yet. But here’s what I will share: Ashley Morgan is back but as a secondary character who will play a pivotal role in a high school girl’s life as she faces a major, life alerting decision. Sound familiar? Kind of. And that’s all I will say for now.

I’ve got more ideas in the works (for example an adult fiction with a social media twist and a fantasy story inspired by a Death Cab for Cutie song). I could keep going, but we'd be here for a long time.

Not only have I been plotting new stories, but I am blogging regularly again! There are four new monthly features on Ang Writes: Ang’s Top Five which features five books based on a random theme, a book review of an indie favorite, On My E-reader a shout out to the ebooks I’ve bought but haven’t read yet, and a monthly wrap up that's ever changing.

It’s a year of words, my friends! Reconnecting with the joy of writing just for fun without strings attached or publishing goals looming over my head. It’s amazing and freeing. And I can’t wait to share more with you all soon!

If you'd like to keep up with all my publishing news, sign up for my newsletter!

4 comments: