Tuesday, May 21, 2019

On My E-Reader: Willow Walk

One of my favorite genres is mystery/thriller! Back in high school, I would stay up far too late binge reading them, one right after another. S.J.I. Holliday's debut novel Black Wood (book one of the Banktoun series) is a fantastic example of an excellent mystery/thriller. Which is why it's a shame I haven't read book two Willow Walk!
amazon
goodreads
Book Description: When the past catches up, do you run and hide or stand and fight?

When a woman is brutally attacked on a lonely country road by an escaped inmate from a nearby psychiatric hospital, Sergeant Davie Gray must track him down before he strikes again. But Gray is already facing a series of deaths connected to legal highs and a local fairground, as well as dealing with his girlfriend Marie's bizarre behaviour. As Gray investigates the crimes, he suspects a horrifying link between Marie and the man on the run - but how can he confront her when she's pushing him away?

As a terrified Marie is pulled back into a violent past she thought she'd escaped, she makes an irrevocable decision. And when events come to a head at a house party on Willow Walk, can Gray piece together the puzzle in time to stop the sleepy town of Banktoun being rocked by tragedy once more?

Reasons I Bought It: First, did I mention I loved Black Wood? Because I did. You can find my review of it here. I could leave it there, but let's talk about this cover: HOLY GOODNESS PINK LOVELY. Between an awesome book description, a solid start to the series in Black Wood, and this killer cover, buying Willow Walk was a must! I'm looking forward to reading Willow Walk soon and freaking myself out! 

Check out S.J.I. Holliday on
Twitter, FaceBook, and her website.

Have you read Willow Walk?
Did you review it?
If so, share it with me! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. It's my absolute fav of Susi's books - I mean I love them all, but this one has a great creepy disturbed atmosphere to it. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog, Ang! And thanks Miranda, too. It's actually my own personal favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! it's a blast sharing great books. so thank you for writing awesome books. =)

      Delete