Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A Book Review: Truth or Beard

This month's book review is Penny Reid's Truth or Beard. I adore the Winston Brothers series. Let me tell you why!
goodreads
amazon
Book Description: Beards, brothers, and bikers! Oh my!

Identical twins Beau and Duane Winston might share the same devastatingly handsome face, but where Beau is outgoing and sociable, Duane is broody and reserved. This is why Jessica James, recent college graduate and perpetual level-headed good girl, has been in naïve and unhealthy infatuation with Beau Winston for most of her life.

His friendly smiles make her tongue-tied and weak-kneed, and she’s never been able to move beyond her childhood crush. Whereas Duane and Jessica have always been adversaries. She can’t stand him, and she’s pretty sure he can’t stand the sight of her…

But after a case of mistaken identity, Jessica finds herself in a massive confusion kerfuffle. Jessica James has spent her whole life paralyzed by the fantasy of Beau and her assumptions of Duane’s disdain; therefore she’s unprepared for the reality that is Duane’s insatiable interest, as well as his hot hands and hot mouth and hotter looks. Not helping Jessica’s muddled mind and good girl sensibilities, Duane seems to have gotten himself in trouble with the local biker gang, the Iron Order

Certainly, Beau’s magic spell is broken. Yet when Jessica finds herself drawn to the man who was always her adversary, now more dangerous than ever, how much of her level-head heart is she willing to risk?

Ang's Review: Okay. First off: How about that cover?! It's so adorable I want to start cross stitching again. Not that I'm good at it, but that is not the point! Beardy cross-stitch: where have you been all my life?!

So book review, that's what I'm doing.

I am head over heels in love with the Winston Brother series. Book one is Duane's story. It's a quirky, fast-paced read. The tension between Jessica and Duane is just right: childhood enemies turned love interests is always a fun trope. Their push me pull me relationship kept me hoping things would work out yet terrified it wouldn't. Jessica's wanderlust and her fears that her hometown and the people in it would hold her back was easy to relate to.

From the first page to the last page I was hooked on Truth or Beard. The moment I finished it, I bought the second book and read it just as quickly.

If you're looking for a smart romance that will make you laugh out loud and swoon, Truth or Beard is the book for you.

Pick up a copy today on Amazon or other major retailers. And make sure to checkout the other books in the series (including book .5 that's part of Peggy Reid's Knitting in the City series)!

No comments:

Post a Comment