Tuesday, March 19, 2019

On My E-reader: Kissed at Midnight (The Lost Royals)

This month's On My E-reader pick is by debut author Ainsley Wynter! A Golden Heart finalist and all around lovely person online, Ainsley's gorgeous cover had me at hello.

Book Description: Princess Sidony of L'Ortagia serves as the queen's hostess, leaving affairs of state to her sister Zara. During a masquerade ball, Sidony kisses a handsome stranger only to discover he's Prince Adrian of Embury, a man with a fearsome reputation and the emissary sent to arrange her sister's marriage. Worried her actions will damage the budding alliance, she convinces Adrian to forget the incident...even if she cannot.

Adrian roots out traitors in his uncle's kingdom of Embury using his magical abilities. When he's sent to arrange a wedding for his cousin, a kiss in the moonlight gives him a taste of what he's been missing. Sidony is everything his life is not: laughter, warmth, and passion. But the king maintains an unbreakable hold over him, hiding his family in exchange for Adrian's loyalty to the crown.

After Zara disappears on the eve of the royal wedding, Adrian's orders are to stay and maintain the alliance with L'Ortagia. But Sidony's effect on his powers and his heart becomes too strong to deny. When he has a chance to rescue his family and throw off his royal ties, will he take it, knowing he'll have to leave Sidony? Or will the dark prince abandon his past to be with the one woman who brought his cold heart to life?

Reasons I bought it: They say never judge a book by its cover. And I honestly rarely do. But this one caught my eye and held me hostage. The colors are gorgeous. Plus are they standing in a magic forest?! So yes, in this case, it was the cover that first made me check out the book. Then I read the description and thought: yes, yes, yes, please. Finally I took a gander at the author's bio which states she "writes steamy fantasy romance." Which got me singing: "these are a few of my favorite things!" Buying this novel was a no-brainer. I am looking forward to sitting down very soon and reading this novel in one sitting. Thank you very much.

Check out Ainsley Wynter on Twitter, Instagram, and her website.
Pick up your copy of this beautiful novel on Amazon and other major retailers!

Have you read Kissed at Midnight?
Did you review it?
If so, share it with me! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment