Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ang's Top Five Comfort Reads

Once upon a time I had a little corner on the internet in which I reviewed/shared books. Always five books. Always short reviews. Always with a theme. I love books. And I miss sharing/talking about the books I heart plus hearing what other people like too. So I've decided it's time to get back to my old bookish ways. At least once a month I'll be sharing a list of five books based around a theme.

So without further-ado, I give you, my top five comfort reads (aka books I could read over and over and over again and never get tired of).

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
goodreads
Sarah Addison Allen has quickly become
a yearly must reread for yours truly.
And while I adore all her novels
The Girl Who Chased the Moon is the first book
I read of hers. It's got a very special place in my heart.

Years by LaVyrle Spencer
goodreads
Many a late nights have been spent rereading Spencer's novels.
I've long been a fan. Since middle school, in fact.
Years is my go-to.
I love the setting, the characters,
and the simplicity of the story.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
goodreads
There's something about this series that gets me
in the feels every. damn. time.
I will never ever be too old for a good children's book series.
Never. Ever.

Mother Road by Dorothy Garlock
goodreads
Dorothy Garlock is not just a go-to comfort read for me.
She's also one of my author role models.
I was oh-so-very sad to hear about her passing.
I might've hugged a few of her books when I read the news.
Tears were involved. She will be greatly missed.

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
goodreads
And last, but never least, Anne Girl.
What is there to say that hasn't been said already?
She's smart and silly.
Dramatic and thoughtful.
She's loyal and loving and
everything I hope to be when I grow up.
Anne's story is a moving, heartfelt tale about
finding your place in this great big world.
Something I think we can all relate to.

What are some of your comfort reads?
Which books or authors do you turn to when you want to
wrap yourself up in an old familiar story?
Or is re-reading not your thing?
Sharing is caring, my friends.
Tell me your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had the time for re-reading! I have over 100 books that have yet to be read - not time.

    But ...

    Saying that, I am currently re-reading Stephen King's Dark Tower Series, to take in a late addition which is set between the 4th and the 5th.

    And ...

    A book by Kute Blackson, called You Are The One will be my first yearly read I think. It is self-help but it made me realise how we are only limited by our thoughts, and how we can make our life limitless. He writes so clearly and it is so easy to absorb. Definitely worth checking out.

    (I also love the Narnia series - I love The Magician's Nephew the most - those pools were just superb)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my to-read list is long too. but i'm a huge rereader. and i'll get around to the books on my to-read list eventually!

      King's Dark Towers Series is on my to-read list! not sure when i'll get around to it. but eventually. maybe if i stopped rereading so much. naw. that can't be it. ;)

      and i love The Magician's Nephew too! though The Last Battle is the one that made me cry. totally hugged that book.

      Delete
  2. Narnia is one of my go to reads, and The Hobbit which always inspires me! And if I want to reclaim my childhood/teens I'll re-read The Silver Brumby series by Elyne Mitchell - loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dad read us The Hobbit a million times over when we were kids. and The Silver Brumby is officially on my to-read list!

      Delete