Tuesday, February 19, 2019

On My E-reader: The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger

All too often I buy eBooks only to lose my E-reader or worse not know what to read when I gaze upon the awesome that’s on it. To make up for this, I’m starting a new segment on the blog called On My E-reader. Which is probably already done somewhere out there in internet land. But let’s pretend I’m all revolutionary, shall we! First up, a debut novel by an indie author that sounds like a blast.

amazon
goodreads
Book Description: She’s got a movie deal. He’s got the lead role. Can she choose between her family and her Hollywood crush?

Stay-at-home mom Lizzy Dillinger escapes the monotony of her humdrum marriage by writing down her daydreams. When her producer friend contracts her story for a movie and invites her on set, she jumps at the chance to leave the suburbs until the film’s in the can. But Lizzy’s big break gets even better when she learns the hunky character who starred in her daydreams will be played by her Hollywood crush, Ben Winters.

On location in Arizona, the desert gets even hotter when Lizzy and Ben strike up a flirtatious friendship. But her hopes of a celebrity fling shatter when a family visit brings her fantasy crashing into reality. Against the dazzling lights and the glamorous movie sets, her cookie-cutter life back home seems painfully bland. Torn between the man of her dreams and the family who helped define her, Lizzy must search her heart to find where her true passion lies.

Reasons I bought it: Where to start? Marianne is super fun on social media, sharing pictures of her sleepy dog, stylish socks with flip-flops, and snow or musing about taking acting classes. This desert dweller found the cover appealing, and the premise (a stay-at-home mom writing her first book) is something I can relate to. When I read the book description, I knew I’d found a good fit for me. I’m looking forward to reading this book for so many reasons.

Check out Marianne Hansen's website, Instagram, and Twitter.
Pick up a copy on Amazon!

Have you read The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger?
If so, did you review it? I'd love to hear what you thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment