Tuesday, July 16, 2019

On My E-Reader: Absolute Liability (Southern Fraud Thriller)

This month's On My E-Reader is another fantastic looking mystery novel. Sporting a brand new cover and an intriguing book blurb, Absolute Liability by Jennifer Becton is sure to please.
amazon
goodreads
Book Description: A woman was abducted in her place. Now, time is running out for Julia Jackson to save herself from the same fate.

A woman is taken at gunpoint from a downtown office building, and the police believe the victim is Special Agent Julia Jackson.

Only it isn’t true.

Now, with the help of her new partner Mark Vincent, state fraud investigator Julia Jackson must find justice for the woman who was taken in her place.

As Vincent and Julia begin to unravel the multimillion-dollar scam that led to the abduction, they encounter several quirky suspects, one of whom will go to desperate lengths to hide a deadly secret. 

Things only become more dangerous as bodies begin accumulating around town, and Julia must uncover the truth before the abductor comes to rectify his mistake.

Reasons I bought the book: Back in February I reviewed Holidays With Jane: Will You Be Mine? here on the blog. I have been a fan of the Holidays With Jane books since they first came out. The first book in the Holidays With Jane series is Christmas Cheer. Ms. Becton's short story The Work of an Instant (a retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasions) is clever and swoony and all the yes.

When I found her Southern Fraud Thriller series on sale, I picked up the whole series. Cause don't we all need a good cozy mystery series around for a cold winter night? It's just good science! I look forward to reading Ms. Becton's Southern Fraud series in the near future.

Check out Jennifer Becton

Have you read Absolute Liability?
Did you review it?
If so, share it with me!
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment